Friday, May 14, 2010

Doorbells

Lady hates our doorbell. I don't why. Okay, maybe I do. Maybe it is because I get very noisy when the doorbell rings. And it rings everyday. The old lady vegetable wallah (peddler) rings the doorbell and then sits on the step. She practically begs Lady to buy her veggies. Lady has bought from her, but the last potatoes and tomatoes she bought from this old lady went bad really really fast. Lady speaks to her for a bit, then has to close the door. Lady learned how to say "don't want any today," in the local language, but the old lady just keeps trying. Oh, and two other vegetable wallahs and fruit wallahs come by everyday to get lady to buy from them. And they ring the doorbell. And I let her know someone is there. Then there's the garbage collector. I REALLY get loud when he rings the bell, because he doesn't ring just once.
Then, there's the mail carrier. He rings and steps down on the lower step.
Then there are the neighbors who try to turn on the light but hit our doorbell instead.
When Lady says "no bark," I shut up. But I usually get in a few good scares before she does!
No, Lady does not like the doorbell.
By the way, for those of you who have asked, I am feeling much better. I haven't cried in a week. I don't cry when Lady touches my back. I don't cry when she puts me down. I don't cry in the mornings when I stretch. She is quite relieved. It upsets her when I cry. I've got good drugs.
I finished up getting the last of my annual shots today. I'm covered! Lady says we're shifting to another city in a couple of weeks. We'll have to try to find another vet. Oh, boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment