Saturday, January 26, 2008
Sunday, January 20, 2008
I'm still here! I made it through the night just fine, showing no signs of poisoning. I stuck close to Lady all night. Only when twelve hours had passed from the time I inadvertently ate the rat poison did Lady heave a sigh of relief because I had shown no signs of sickness.
Lady went to church, I stayed home. Again, I did what little dogs left alone do - I got into the trash. By the time Auntie Al and Lady returned, I had the front door mat covered in litter, and half of the living room as well. She opened her mouth to scold me, but I gave her the pathetic, "you almost lost me yesterday" look, and she backed down. Let's face it -I'm precious!
One of Lady's girl students gave her a bag of hair ties and clips to give away. So, we did. The girls were so excited to have new colorful hair ties. The moms fought for some as well. Auntie Al put braids and clips in the girls' hair. The boys stuck their hands out wanting something, too! The moms all laughed! Imagine - a boy wearing purple butterflies in his hair! Not this boy! I let Lady dress me, but I draw the line at hair bows. Thank you to those who prayed for my well-being yesterday.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
A Close Call
We were helping the parents move the school library to the annex, recently vacated by the principal and his wife. They had a rat problem, so after it was all clean, Auntie put out solid cakes of rat poison. Auntie Beth spotted it in my mouth and tried to get it out. I growled at her and ran off. She told Lady I had rat poison. Quick as a wink, Lady yanked it out of my mouth, despite my growl, and swiped my mouth several times. She tried to clean the inside of my mouth and get any of the granules out, but wouldn't let me have a drink. She scooped me up and rushed me home. I still didn't know what in the world was the big deal, but Lady started crying. By the time we got home she was a mess. I had all I could do to kiss away her tears. She called Pastor S. who had his son call the vet. Lady cradled me in her arms the entire time until the doctor arrived...and she cried. She was scared. I mean a lot to my Lady. I came all the way from China to India just to take care of her. The doctor arrived about thirty minutes later and stuck me two times. I didn't even bite him. He said it was antidote for the poison. He said it was a very potent but slow-acting poison. Six hours later, he returned to stick me one more time. He says I am going to be okay. Lady wants to wait until that twelve hour mark when normally I would be getting violently ill. The doctor said that by the time they know it is a poisoning, it is too late to do anything about it. He said it happens often, but because I have had the antidote, I will be okay. Lady is thanking God for me, for Pastor S. and for the doctor who came to my house to treat me.
Auntie Al even gave me some of her chicken dinner! I guess I had better listen to Lady when she tells me not to eat junk. I am thankful Lady has finally stopped crying.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
HAPY NEW YEAR
1. Eat more meat.
2. Bark less and listen more.
3. Share with the less fortunate dogs on my street.
4. Avoid big piles of poop.
5. Love my Lady as much as I can any time I can.
6. Be a better neighbor.
I hope you have the best year yet, and may God bless you!
The girls are happy to open their gifts. They got journals, stuffed animals, lotion, body wash, candy, and a silk scarf. Ten girls from church plus two American friends came to my house.