Friday, August 17, 2007

First Day of School

Lady's school began today. Yesterday, I went with her to help get things ready. I checked on Aunt A.'s room for the 5th, 6th, and 7th grades, and I visited in Aunt K's room to see if she needed any help. Our new roommate, Aunt Al also worked all day at the school, preparing for the students. Lady took me home for lunch, and I stayed to take a nap. Lady and Aunt AL returned to school to make sure the rooms were as beautiful as possible, and that everything was ready. Lady prepared a reading room with soft mattresses and pillows. I really like that room. Baskets of books sit on the floor by the mattresses. Today, Lady read Flat Stanley to her class. The students liked the room. There's no doorknob on their door, so they have to lock it from the inside and go out the reading room door! The kids have to learn to tune out all the noises of the neighborhood. One of Lady's students wanted me to be the school mascot! But I think they might be called the buffaloes, because daily a herd of baby buffaloes walks by. I didn't go today. I'm homeschooled. Someone has to take care of things on the home front. I went up and visited the landlady who was faithful to give me some meat!
Lady, Aunt Al and i played with the tent kids today. Aunt Al is teaching them games. She took out a bubble machine yesterday. They squealed with delight. She taught them how to play duck duck goose. Lady left her camera at school so I'll have to post photos another day. We finally got dial-up, but are still waiting for broadband. I'mfinding out that India time is something like Chinese time -it's much longer than they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment