Sunday, August 19, 2007

Chasing Bubbles


I like to chase bubbles (and cats, of course). These tent kids on our street had fun chasing bubbles Aunt Al blew for them. Aunt Al lives with us and helps the teachers at the school. These little humans belong to a low caste of construction workers. They follow the construction jobs and erect tents on any open spaces. We have three tent villages on our street. Lady gives them wheat milk biscuits and other stuff. She calls them "babies." They come run

ning when they see us coming, calling, "Auntie, Auntie! Biscuit? Biscuit?" They speak the state language. I am learning it. Lady hasn't had lessons yet, so she can't really say with words what she wants to say. But there are other ways to communicate. She can't understand what they say except for "Auntie" and "biscuit." They love me, of course, and call me by name. I am very patient, but I don't like so many hands on me all at once. Sometimes there are so many little tent kids out on the street when we come by!

No comments:

Post a Comment