Friday, March 30, 2012

WARM SUN

Spring has definitely sprung! I am no longer huddled by the heater, and Lady is mostly wearing a single layer of clothing. We are soaking up the rays! It's still chilly in the mornings and evenings, but she lets me go naked as I work up a sweat trying to exercise those Amazon legs of hers. She was busy all morning getting ready for a meeting here today. Nancy, Vick, Seema and Sonya came. Lady fixed them an American lunch instead of rice and dal. We had grilled cheese sandwiches (yum), carrots and Ranch dip (yum), hot and sour potato soup, something like a spicy Cheetoh, and carrot cupcakes. I didn't have soup or cupcakes. Two of the girls are Nepali, and the other two kids are half Nepali. They liked everything! Lady was a little sorry they liked the Ranch dip, as they almost ate it all! The packets have to come from America. Oh well, Lady's always telling me to share.
 After the meeting, Lady and I went out on the balcony to just hang out. She read from her Kindle. I kept an eye on things in the 'hood.

Give me back my Santa!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds yummy!
    Dachshund NOla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marley!

    Wow, another busy day for you and Lady. She sounds like the most excellent hostess. Sure wish we were closer so we could come to one of her parties. But since we're not, we'll just have to read and drool about the good food she has been serving.

    I'm so happy to hear that the weather is warming up for you. I know just how good that feels on your back. You're doing an awesome job on keeping the "hood" safe and sound.

    Was Lady reading something good on her Kindle? Us inquiring minds want to know.....

    You still are as handsome as ever my friend!!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady read One Good Dog by Susan Wilson. It was sad but sometimes funny. It was about a throw away dog who healed a human, partly told in his words. We liked it. She didn't read me the sad parts, but I know by her face they were there. Another book she likes is The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. It's also written by a dog. She scratched out all the bad words. She doesn't like to read them.

    ReplyDelete