Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas Friends!!!

Lady and I had a great Christmas. Our friends from Apple Country stayed with us. We had pancakes for breakfast! But Lady and I shared out Christmas by Skype with our family in the US before our guests even got up! 
I quickly opened my stocking and gifts. Thanks, Santa Paws!


I decided to help Lady open her gifts! My grandparents were watching by Skype. I got to see my cousins, Casey and Pepper, open their presents. The cat, Beau, his in a gift bag! Teddy didn't make an appearance.

Content!

Oops! The tree fell over! I didn't do it!

No worries -we have our Jesus tree we put in its place!

Christmas gift-opening aftermath! I love my new Bobo! It squeaks!

Christmas Eve, for the second year in a row, we hosted the kids from the Children's Home and the staff. I was a very good host. These kids love me. I stay with them when Lady goes out of town, so they are like family. They came at 3:30 and the last ones left at almost 9:00 pm! Best of all, Lady ordered chicken chow mein and cheese pizzas for them (among other things). I got CHICKEN!!! I'm Chinese-of course I eat noodles! Lady shared about the True meaning of Christmas and how to keep it going. We played games and sang songs. Lady let the kids go into Secret Santa's Shop and choose presents to give away. Then, they decorated the paper and wrapped the gifts. Then, Lady and I gave out gifts to everyone. She even let me open another one! I got a new Santa! Finally, we lit the advent candles and sang "Silent Night." I was one fat, pooped pup by the time they left! After I got into bed, I didn't move all night! Here are some photos from our Christmas Eve celebration:


When I opened the door, the kids sang Christmas Carols to me!







 Even Aunty joined in the games! She sent dinner to us while Lady was on her back. We love Aunty!
 This baby is Nobel. She LOVES me! Her parents cook for the children and help take care of them.
Colorful socks in the local pattern! Can't lick the toes if they are in socks! I have been loving on an early present Baby Wyatt gave me. I loved the eye and the nose of (but I didn't swallow -I know better; I just leave them for someone to step on).

 I'm helping with the JESUS Bingo game.

 Lady wants to keep this girl! She is wrapping gifts she chose in Secret Santa Shop.
Satiya wraps gifts he chose. He's one of my favorites. In all, twenty-three kids came.
 I was trying to help with crafts, but I stepped on a sticky baby Jesus.

 I'm under the table waiting for the food to inevitably drop.
 Indians eat with their paws, er, hands.
With thirty-five humans eating, there were lots of drops! Lady fixed me my own plate of chicken chow mien and cheese pizza.






And God bless us every one!

3 comments:

  1. Wowie Zowie Marley! You sure did have a busy Christmas! All of your prezzies, talking to your family on Skype, entertaining all of those people, I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I bet that you're gonna take the longest nap ever after all that. Oh and who can forget about all the food they probably snuck to you. Pizza and chicken chow mein - sounds like my kind of meal. Tell Lady we said, thanks for posting so many of the pictures. We loved looking at each and every one of them. Lady is a kind and wonderful person. Thank goodness her back was feeling better so that she could do all of this. I just knew that Santa Paws was going to be good to you! After all, you and I have been really good this year. Now you know, we have to keep it up for next year. Really have to practice at it and remember NO jumping! 'Cause even tho we don't think Santa is watching us anymore, Mommy said he is.

    We had a fantastic Christmas too! Mommy told me she said a special prayer at church for you and Lady. She does that for our very special friends. And Daddy told me that when she thanked God for healing me and also talked to my Grandma up in Heaven, she cried and cried and cried until she couldn't cry any more. Guess she ran out of water in her eyes! My Mommy has a very kind heart too. Daddy said she also has an "emotional" heart.

    OK my friend, Mommy said it is time for me to eat now (even tho Muffin is still sleeping). So I gotta run. Hope you have a nice relaxing day today.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful generous Christmas!
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:47 PM

    Hi Marley and Lady, a very Merry Christmas to both of you as well as all your friends. All the photos were so good. Marley, you looked nice and warm in your jacket. May God continue to bless both of you through the New Year.

    ReplyDelete