Sunday, April 15, 2012

WEEKEND

What a rainy, blustery, cold, gray Saturday! Christy hung out with us to help get ready for the neighborhood girls to come. I like looking out from the balcony on the parade of colorful umbrellas covering little humans. Only half the girls came yesterday as the others had a camping trip! Hope they didn't melt in the rain.  It isn't even monsoon.

 These are three of my favorites:Christy, Tanya, and Khushi. I'm going to invite them to my Gotcha Day next month. The girls painted sun catchers, thanks to some American friends who sent them! I didn't step in any paint. Lady gave me a shoe chew to keep me out of trouble. Ha!
Today, (Sunday), Lady went to church up on the Ridge, and hung around for the local celebration of State Day. 




This precious 6th grader is the daughter of local police officers. She helped Lady get a good seat, and talked her ear off. She also shared her snacks! After the parade and some cultural performances, Lady came back to me. 
More rain is forecast, but for now, lots of sunbeams for me!



5 comments:

  1. How fun Marley, you got to see Christy again. I know just how much you like her. I'm sure the girls all had fun making the sun catchers. I bet they will look pretty hanging on their windows once the sun comes out again. That looked like a great parade that Lady attended. I like to see the people all marching in a row like that. Keep catching those sunbeams!!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could use some of that rain...everything is getting dry and dusty.

    Looks like the girls had a great time at your house. Did they share treats?

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady made granola bars for them. She drizzled dark chocolate on the top, so I couldn't have my own, but they did give me crumbs! It's not rainy season yet. It's sunny season.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great time
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the parade with us!
    I hope the rain will not stay there so long!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete