Monday, January 02, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AUNTY JEANO!

I've been hearing about you, Aunty Jeano all my life. You are one of Lady's most favorite people and best friends in the whole world. That's saying a lot, because we have friends all over the world.  You and Lady used to teach together in FL but you were friends long before you were ever in the same school. Lady says you were involved in politics and community relations together. You both believed in trying to get the best education available for ALL kids. Lady says you are a terrific teacher, loved by so many, and missed by the school since your retirement. And now, you're preachin' and teachin' in this next season of your life. 
Lady told me about Amaretto, your beloved Golden Retriever, and how her precious parakeet Boscoe, was laid to rest by her after being in Lady's life 13 years. That was before me. Lady told me how she has called you from all over the world, and you always know what to say to her when she is hitting that cultural wall. She called you from Germany, from China, from India, and you were always there for her. You are Lady's rock. I've only seen you on Skype, but if you were here, I'd give you lots and lots of licks, because you mean so much to Lady. You've been friends almost 30 years! She loves and adores your human kids, and so appreciates the friendship (tolerance) of your husband, Gary. 
Lady and I hope 2012 is your best year yet. She's telling me about all the birthdays you have celebrated together because your birthdays are close. We wish you could be here for Lady's! I really hope you get a new furend in your life -maybe a cute little weinie dog like me! And would you please make it a female???
Much love to you, Aunty Jeano!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Auntie Jeano! She sounds like a wonderful woman. We are so happy to hear that she has always been there for Lady too. Friends are the bestest!

    Hope you're having a good 2012 so far Marley. Remember our resolution... Not to jump on and off of stuff. Gotta keep us healthy!

    My Mommy's still really busy getting us ready for the big drive South on Thursday. Phew... She's running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Now that Daddy is retired, Mommy said he should be helping more, but Daddy said "Geez, let me at least enjoy one day of retirement in peace." I liked Daddy's idea better 'cause I got to sit on the couch with him all afternoon yesterday and watch football on the big TV. So it worked out well for me.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet! Happy Birthday to her!
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete