Tuesday, October 11, 2016

HELLO FROM THE BEACH! WE'RE SAFE!

Hello World from the World's Most Famous Beach! We survived Hurricane Matthew! Our house is still standing. We lost some roof tiles, all the soffit and fascia (whatever that is), gutters and drains, and some trees. Butt we are all safe, the roof doesn't leak, and we are grateful! Lily ( the Burmese Mountain Dog) needs a new roof and all new furniture, and a new wall. Butt they are okay. Taco and his family just lost stuff like we did. Sammy and some of my other friends are still out of town. 
We evacuated on Thursday to our friend's home in Daytona near I-95. Their 'hood had lots and lots of tree damage. Everybody lost power early Friday morning. We just got ours back today (Monday) at 4:30! We lost all our food in the freezer and refrigerator. I tried to retrieve some of it butt was thwarted. 
We came home Saturday afternoon. Mommy was cleaning up the yard and I was enjoying the grass on my cable. Then I threw up. Twice. Then Mommy said I fell over and got all rigid. Scared her to death! She thought I was dying right then and there. Then I relaxed butt couldn't hold my head up. Mommy called the emergency vet I went to when I ate the dark chocolate. She was afraid they didn't have power butt they did! They said come on up. So Grandma held me in the back seat and we all went to the hospital. By the time we got there I was coming out of it. They say I had my first (and Mommy hopes my last) seizure! I had a blood test butt didn't have to stay. I am taking a liver booster for a month then they will check my blood again. We don't know why I had a seizure. Maybe the stress of the hurricane and being in a different home. We don't know. 
So, we are feeling very blessed to survive both the hurricane and my seizure!
Mommy hasn't been able to take any photos. Maybe later. 
All for now World! Teddy signing off.

34 comments:

  1. We are so happy that you and your family are safe. Sorry to hear that you had a seizure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had way too much excitement for such a short time. We're glad you had little damage and your electric is back on. It's a shame about all that food, but better to lose food than lives, right? We are happy you are okay. Seizures are not fun. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for the email.

      Delete
  3. So scary about the seizure! Glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so glad your family weathered the storm...We are sending POTP that you don't have any more of those scary seizures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Seizures are not fun.

      Delete
  5. Hari OM
    OMD Teddy, I've just realised that my link to your bloggy has been broken - I had wondered why I hadn't seen you for a while... I hope you didn't think I had abandoned you?!! Any way, that is secondary to your news - so good that your home is still livable and repairs manageable (I've been there, done that, so know how it feels)... but this seizure bizzo - am praying that is indeed just a one-off for you my boy. Sending lot of Love, hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pee ess - fixed that link...and checked back. Thank goodness I didn't miss much after all! Yx

      Delete
    2. Thank you Aunty.

      Delete
  6. How awful about your seizure, Teddy. We are happy to hear that you're safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are safe from Matthew but so sad about the seizure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you're okay now! Luckily I've never dug into any chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I am so glad your house and yard are okay after the storm! I am sorry to hear you had a seizure. I sure hope it was your first and last...caused by the stress of Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMD, seizures are so skeery! We hope that's your last one too. We're glad your house and your peeps made it through Matthew okay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are glad everything was relatively OK in terms of property. And we hope that is your last ever seizure!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are very happy to hear you are OK, despite the damage. We hope that was a one and done seizure too - we don't wish them on anyone.

    Woos - Lightning and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMD Teddy so glad you are okay and so thankful you did not have too much damage to your home!! Get well buddy :)

    xoxo,
    Matt & Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're very glad that you're all safe and that here was only minor damage to your house. My Jessy and Dan are glad their house is still OK after that big hurricane. Sorry to hear about the seizure. I hope you don't get any more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't want another seizure!

      Delete
  15. We wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

    Love,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sending hugs and best wishes for a great 2017! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lady, I hope you are receiving this message. I wanted to let you know that our sweet Lily Belle died suddenly late last night. Please let me know if you receive my message.

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. We wanted to pop in to see if you are all OK! We're worried we've not heard back from you. We're thinking of sweet Marley and his great love for Lily Belle. We miss you Marley (and Lily Belle.)

    Sending love to you all.

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wanted to pop in to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a healthy 2020!

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm just popping in in HOPES of getting Mom to do an update for all of us! We'd really like to know how you are doing Teddy.

    Also wanted to say how much we miss the ever handsome Marley. I know he is with Lily and Muffin, but the heart still breaks for them all.

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just popping in to wish you all a very Merry Christmas & a healthy 2021. Lady needs to give us all an update (since she is so hard to find these days.)

    Hugs,
    Kim

    P.S. We love and miss you Marley. I know you're up there protecting your fair maiden Lily Belle.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Marley, Your Auntie Kim is remembering you with love today, on your Angelversary. Sending you BIG hugs and kisses. Say hi to my babies and please keep them warm.

    ReplyDelete