Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bang! Pop!Pop!Pop!Ka-boom!

Yep, it is festival season again -Diwali -my most dreaded time of the year! It's worse than New Year's. Fireworks are for sale on every corner. Kids are practicing for the big festivities tomorrow and the next day. It will be non-stop crackers and fireworks for three days. Hard for a little dog to take care of business. I go out, I hear a cracker, I turn and run back to my gate-finished or not. This festival is as big as Christmas is for the Christians. They buy all kinds of new stuff, give gifts, and visit their families. Lady made treats for our landlady's family. She gives me a treat when I hear a loud BOOM! It doesn't really help me stop shaking, but I enjoy Beggin' Bacon Strips anytime. Sometimes though, I am so nervous I can't even eat. 
I've been at the Children's Home again. Lady went on a trip. I jumped too much there and was crying for a couple of days, but I am feeling better. It's really cold, so I think my arthritis is kickin' in. Lady gave me a feel-better pill. At least we have a lot of sun. When I lie in the sunbeam I feel good...until the BOOM Pop bang!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:01 PM

    Hi Marley, hang in there. Glad you are feeling better after your pill. All of our Doxies have disliked fireworks too. Too much noise... Glad Lady is back and both of you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think my new blankie helps - that and some chicken our guests gave me.

    ReplyDelete