Lady told me that her classes were discussing superstitions. Here are some superstitions her class shared with her:
- When you sleep, don't cross your arms over your chest-you will have a nightmare.
- If your left eyelid twitches, it means good luck, but if your right eyelid twitches, it means bad luck.
- To cure stammering, drink water from rinsed rice.
- If swallows make a nest in your home it will bring bad luck to the family.
- If you rub a child with rice it will grow up quickly and healthy.
- If you walk alone in darkness, you must spit to prevent a ghost from following you.
- If you have a nightmare, you must tell someone at the beginning of the day, or else it will come true.
- During spring festival, if you cook fish, you will have enough crops.
- If you hear an owl hoot, you will have bad fortune.
- After drinking traditional Chinese medicine, you must spill it on the road, and those that pass through it will take on your illness, and it will leave you.
- Lucky numbers:8, 6, 9. Unlucky number:4, because it sounds like the word for death
- At a wedding banquet, you should take two candies from the tray because good things come in twos.
- Each month on the 5th day, you shouldn't wash your hair, or you will have a headache.
- If you sit on written paper when you are young, you will not study well when you are older.
- If a magpie sings by your house, you will have guests.
- Firecrackers will frighten evil spirits away.
Well, I have learned a few superstitions of my own:
- If you drag a human's blanket off the bed, and get it dirty, it will bring you bad luck.
- If you poop on the carpet, you will spend time alone in the bathroom.
- If you teetee on a rice bag, it will bring you much trouble, and you won't get to go to the market.
- If you dance or do tricks for humans, you will get treats.
- If you kiss a human's face or hand, and wag your tail when you're being scolded, it will go better with you.
- If you patiently wait by the table in a restaurant, wag your tail, and look at meat-eating humans with big, brown eyes, you will be rewarded.
- If you stand on your human's chest and lick her face at 3:00 in the morning, you will get kicked off the bed.
Do I really need a new home? Not yet. Lady needs me. She is very forgiving. After all, I am just a little dog.