Wednesday, May 24, 2006

In Trouble Again

Maybe you better pray for me. Lady hasn't had a very good day. She woke me up in the wee hours this morning...scratching again. No, I don't have fleas. She took her medicine and tried to sleep. Well, we went to the market to buy veggies. I've posted photos of the funeral procession that went by. Lady made me take care of business before she'd let me go to the market. Our market is now covered with huge metal awnings. Still, the poorer countryside folks set up their veggies on rice bags or in baskets. They can't afford the table fee. Lady bought many veggies for soup and salad today. I couldn't convince her to buy any meat for me. We were just about finished and Lady was buying a small cabbage from one of the peasant old ladies. Well...I just couldn't help myself. There was this rice bag, and Lady wasn't looking, so...
I caused another scene. Lady offered the young peasant girl 3 yuan, but she wouldn't accept. Lady had trouble figuring out if she could leave or if the girl wanted more money. Many people came to express their opinion. I tried to act invisible. I didn't budge. After much deliberation, Lady figured out the two sisters wanted her to buy the bottom half of the bag weighing ten kilos. Lady didn't want any rice, and tried to pay half price (all she had) and let them keep the rice. They wouldn't accept. Now we had a huge curious crowd all eager to express their ideas. Lady gave the girls her last 13 yuan and told them she had to return home to get the 15 yuan she still owed them. Yes, I cost her 28 yuan this AM. Lady bought corn, green beans, carrots, cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, lettuce and spring greens that only totalled less that $1.25, but I cost her another $3.50 for rice she didn't want. I'm in trouble. I don't think I will be going back to the market soon.
Well, the girls followed us home! Lady invited them in and gave them cups of water to drink and some candy. She paid them, and showed them some photos. They asked her to give them a 100 yuan bill for ten tens. She did. By the time they left, they were apologizing to Lady for the trouble. Lady said they were welcome to return to our home. Now it was time for a scolding, but Lady started itching. She took off her clothes to find she had broken out again all over her trunk! She even broke out on her face again. Lady was so busy trying to apply medicine to her itchy rash that she didn't get around to scolding me. Guess we won't be going outside anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Great amazing things here. I¡¦m very satisfied to look your article. Thanks so much and i am looking forward to contact you

    ReplyDelete